Take the Pulse of Your School Community
The Pulse — Student Recognition Survey is a brief online survey designed and validated by Search Institute that provides practical feedback schools can use to strengthen student recognition. It is designed to gather and summarize perceptions on the formal and informal ways students are recognized, encouraged and rewarded in their school.The survey provides insights into how students, parents and teachers perceive school recognition with regard to:
- How recognition is given – What achievements are recognized and how often are they awarded?
- How recognition is experienced – Is recognition perceived as fair, consistent, meaningful and inclusive?
- How recognition makes a difference – Do students feel motivated, inspired and included?
Benefits For Schools
- Provides practical feedback for strengthening student recognition strategies, thereby enhancing student
motivation and achievement.
- Provides a simple feedback tool to let students, parents and teachers know that their school cares about student recognition and that all students deserve to feel noticed, valued and included in their school.
- Uncovers intangible factors in school climate and culture that can be vital to student motivation.
Benefits For Students
- Gives students a voice as to how they are — and would prefer to be — recognized and valued.
- Allows students to express what types of recognition matter most to them.
- Provides a forum for communication to ensure that all students feel recognized and valued.
How The Pulse is Different:
- It meets a strategic need: The survey fills a key gap in monitoring and improving school climate and culture — understanding the effects of recognition. No other available survey fills this need.
- It provides reliable data: The survey is scientifically reliable and valid, created with Search Institute, an organization dedicated to researching and understanding what kids need in order to succeed for over 50 years.
- It offers a 360° view:The survey gathers perspectives from three key stakeholder groups: students, parents and teachers. It helps school leaders plan and improve school climate, culture and student recognition.
- It’s brief and easy to administer: The survey takes less than 10 minutes to complete. Schools will receive simple, step-by-step instructions for administering the survey, as well as easy-to-use reporting.
- It yields actionable results: The survey yields practical, comprehensible data for strengthening student recognition and inclusiveness. The data can help schools understand where they might enhance recognition so that everyone feels included.
- It’s provided at no cost to Jostens schools.