Whether you use Renaissance Cards to incent students, or simply want to reward academic achievement or character development, Rewards + Relationships are magic. Rewards should be given strategically and purposefully – never without a purpose.
LOW COST REWARDS
- 5 points extra credit
- Allow the cards to be redeemed at the cafeteria for a special treat, such as ice cream.
- Allow the cards to be redeemed at the athletic event concession stand.
- Activity pass to all home sporting events
- Gift cards
- Discount on Prom Tickets
- School apparel, such as t-shirts or hats
- Discounts and prizes from community businesses that have agreed to participate and support your students. Some examples are restaurants, local convenience stores, movie theaters, amusement parks, and sporting goods stores.
- Free Beverage
- Free T-shirt (1 per year)
- Free treat
- Dollar store trinket
- Prom ticket
- Free or discounted yearbook
NO COST REWARDS
- Early lunch
- Free Restroom Pass
- Free Tardy to Class
- Free Pass to Lunch on Friday
- Teacher’s choice
- VIP seating at a school event
- 3 Points Added to a Test Grade
- Free Hat Day
- Preferential Parking
- Late Homework Pass
- Drop lowest test or quiz score
- New seat in class
- Free notes copied from teacher
- 1% increase at end of quarter
- Use one 3″x5″ card on test
- Double credit on an assignment
- Use book on test
- Essay exemption
- Exempt from running in PE
- Free 5 points on a test grade
- Admittance to a barbecue or special event
- Free Study Hour Pass: allow a student to leave class and go to the school’s library for an hour of independent study.
- The pass must have teacher approval. It is not a get-out-of-class-free pass.
- Get Out of Homework Free Pass: allow a student to use the pass to get four “homework exemptions.” The passes
must meet the teacher’s in-class criteria such as not using it for a major assignment, only one pass per subject area,
not usable on tests.
- A special lunch line for students with achievement cards.
- End the Week Early: Allow card-holding students to leave the last class period of the week 10 minutes early.
- Early Registration: Allow card-holding students to be the first to register for next semester/year classes to ensure
that they receive the classes they want
- Free parking or a special parking space
- Picture posted in the lobby or school office waiting area
Want more guidance on starting your Jostens Renaissance program? Consider the online Get Started Course
_________The directions for this activity are visible after logging in.
Contact us for a registration code or by reaching out to your Jostens rep. All Jostens customers have free access to Jostens Renaissance resources, and we’re happy to help!
If you don’t currently partner with Jostens for yearbooks or graduation regalia or other celebratory products, you can learn more here.