This is a popular activity at Renaissance schools across the country! Recognize and reward students (or anyone) on campus by allowing them to paint a parking spot.
School type: High School
Activity goal: Recognize and reward
Prep time: 1+ hours
People required: Principal for approval, 1 Staffulty supervisor, painting crew
Space required: Parking lot
Timing: Warm months
Materials: Outdoor weather resistant paint. paint brushes, paint holders
Cost: $10 – $100, depending on how much paint needs to be purchased
Submitted by: The Renaissance Community
INSTRUCTIONS FOR STUDENT PAINTED PARKING SPOTS:
- Choose students or a group with your principal to recognize and reward with this activity.
- Pick a day and time to paint. Pick a back up day in case the weather is bad.
- Have students make a plan for their painted parking spot – for both approval and to buy enough supplies to make their idea into a reality!
- Purchase paint and brushes.
- Make a playlist and bring a speaker to DJ the painting time.
- Show up, and have a great time!
- At the end of the school year, paint over parking lot to prepare for fresh designs!
- Recognize your Staffulty by having reserved spots, painted just for them by Renaissance students.
- Turn it into a fundraiser – pay a few dollars to reserve and paint a parking spot for the semester or the whole school year!
WANT ACCESS TO MORE SCHOOL CULTURE IDEAS FROM JOSTENS RENAISSANCE?
If you don’t currently partner with Jostens for yearbooks or graduation regalia or other celebratory products, you can learn more here.