Jostens Renaissance National Conference (JRNC)
The health and safety of our schools is our primary concern and due to the developments of COVID-19, we have made the difficult decision to cancel the 2020 Jostens Renaissance National Conference originally scheduled for Anaheim in July. Please visit www.Jostens.com/JRNC2020 for information on registration refunds and hotel room cancellations.
Jostens Renaissance Virtual Conference (JRVC)
Join us for the Jostens Renaissance Virtual Conference (JRVC) from July 13-15. This virtual experience is available to all schools at no charge.
Our mission behind JRVC is to provide solutions for the concerns related to returning to school in the fall – no matter what that looks like in your area. After surveying hundreds of educators and administrators to gain their perspectives and needs in light of the pandemic, we will gear our back-to-school topics to cover those identified needs.
We will be providing more details in the coming days and weeks.
How do we get back to school in the Fall? This is how – JRVC!
Rooted in Love
During this difficult, confusing, and frightening time, Mike Smith, the host of The Harbor™ by Jostens, takes to the crate to acknowledge the challenges we are all facing during the COVID-19 pandemic and related restrictions. Mike issues a call to action for all of us, in this unprecedented time, to find ways to build community, take care of one another, and stay rooted in love.
Your Jostens family wishes you all peace, wellness, and safety in the days to come.
Every Monday and Friday, Jostens Renaissance will host a Facebook Live session at 11:00 am CST addressing a topic of urgent concern to educators and school communities during this difficult time. Motivation Monday topics will help schools create and maintain a positive climate and culture remotely, and Graduation Friday topics will share ways to celebrate seniors and their accomplishments. Visit Jostens Renaissance on Facebook to join, or click on a topic below to view a past recording or see a post listing the ideas.
Due to the number of school closures throughout North America and Europe, we realize that the resources we offer exclusively to our partner schools to use in the classroom are not accessible during the social distancing precautions we are all taking to prevent further spread of COVID-19.
We understand the desire educators and parents have for creating student access to resources pertinent to the situation we are facing due to COVID-19. As such, Jostens is adding levels of accessibility for the following Renaissance resources available to the public while schools are under mandated closure.
- Customer Access– if you currently have an active user account for JostensRenaissance.com, your login information and your accessibility will remain the same.
- Special login providing public access to the entire Harbor library – Effective March 23rd, anyone can log in to JostensRenaissance.com with the case-sensitive username and password JOSTENS for access to the 150+ episodes of The Harbor – our video-based character education series.
- Public resources not requiring a login – found immediately below, there are 7 Harbor episodes available without the need for a login account of any kind. We will continue to add to these public resources specific to COVID-19 as the days progress.
- Courage – In this Harbor episode, we dissect the relationship between courage, helping others, and our own comfort. Critical Thinking Prompts
- Patience – In this Harbor episode, special guest Aaron Davis teaches us patience is the ability to accept and tolerate delay without getting angry or upset. Critical Thinking Prompts
- Positivity and Social Media – As we all rely on social media to help us pass the time, this Harbor episode provides insight on how we can use social media to a create positive impact. Critical Thinking Prompts
- Self-Reflection – In this Harbor episode, we discuss the importance of self-reflection. Now, more than ever, we are afforded the time for quiet, contemplative self-reflection. Critical Thinking Prompts
- Solutions>Problems – COVID-19 has given us many problems we could allow to overwhelm us. In this Harbor episode, we talk about the power in focusing on solutions instead of problems. Critical Thinking Prompts
- Service – In this Harbor episode, host Mike Smith shares insights on how service can change your life and how important it is to find joy in the small moments. Critical Thinking Prompts
- Fear – We are all afraid of something. In this time, we are all afraid of the same thing. We can let fear consume us, or we can use our fear to make positive changes in our own life and in the lives of others. Critical Thinking Prompts
For over 120 years, Jostens has earned and honored strong relationships with our schools and the students and parents we serve. We thank you for allowing us to serve as your trusted partner.
The health and safety of our schools, teams and customers is the highest priority for Jostens. As communities mobilize to respond to COVID-19, we are ready to assist our schools, teams and customers with revised schedules and delivery dates when needed. Please reach out to your Jostens representative or to our plant consultants with questions or details regarding any expected or planned changes to your school or event calendar. We are committed to providing proactive, flexible solutions to accommodate your questions and needs.
We encourage you to remain educated and informed regarding COVID-19. Below are useful links to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the World Health Organization and the Public Health Agency of Canada:
Our friends at the Congressional Medal of Honor Foundation have adapted some of their character lessons featuring the stories of Medal of Honor recipients for remote learning. View their Google drive of modified lessons here or follow “Character Development Program: Medal of Honor” on Facebook.