Gather your seniors before classes begin to start the year with some communal fun – Senior Sunrise will soon be a tradition each student will look forward to participating in as a senior.
School type: High school
Activity goal: Promote and encourage graduation
Prep time: 30 minutes
People required: Principal for approval, 2 Staffulty supervisors, senior class
Space required: Green space – quad, football field, etc.
Timing: Before the school year begins or the first day of class.
Materials: Games and breakfast food
Cost: $10 – $100, depending on size of senior class
Submitted by: The Renaissance Community (photo from Musselman High School)
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SENIOR SUNRISE:
- Pick a morning to have your Senior Sunrise and announce it to the senior class via email, mail, and social media – make sure the students know!
- Involve senior class members in the planning – the more students are involved in the planning, the more students will show up to this event.
- Purchase or gather yard games and breakfast snacks (muffins, buns) and drinks.
- Set up the school green space with the games, snacks, drinks, and have some music playing.
- Enjoy some fun before senior year begins!
- Have seniors sign their Commitment to Graduate® Banner during this event.
- Partner with local businesses as sponsors to subsidize the cost of food.
- Bookend the year with a Senior Sunset.
- Pass out sunglasses as a gift to all seniors.
WANT ACCESS TO MORE SCHOOL CULTURE IDEAS FROM JOSTENS RENAISSANCE?
If you don’t currently partner with Jostens for yearbooks or graduation regalia or other celebratory products, you can learn more here.